Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi to all "i m novice linux user and want "windows/linux single log-on" i have installed FC4 server , its up and running but now i m wondering to join ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pls help me , this joining domain driving me crazy

hi to all

"i m novice linux user and want "windows/linux single log-on"

i have installed FC4 server , its up and running but now i m wondering to join to my existing AD windows2k domain

for the last 3 days i have been reading different articles on web in regards to that and keep on trying , some of the tips are incompleted and not giving full steps , it just driving me crazy , so much confused now.

finallly i got the follwing article , i followed till i managed to join the domain successfully .

http://redmondmag.com/columns/print....itorialsID=858

BUT! i was stopped when it says u must add manually the "home directory" in smb.conf file , i was not sure about the syntax so ijust did like that

[homes]
    path=/home/"my domain name"

then after that it says to edit PAM files , i don't know what to edit , what to add? pls help i m so exhausted

i tried to login as domain user as mention in article but i got error, ""user not found ....

last thing my smbd service is also not running , i got error " service is stopped"

rgs

Just Joined!

Samba homes

Hi,

the homes can be defined as the users default homedir like:

[HOMES]
    path = /home/%U (%U is name of user that is logged on)
    browsable = no (to prevent other users)
    writable = yes (so you can write to it)

the path can be defined to what ever you want. But it must be an existing folder