Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello, Ive finally gotten my Linux PC to route, thanks to KPZANI....so my windows PC can connect to the web thru the linux. What I want to do next is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Webserver - needs help

hello,

Ive finally gotten my Linux PC to route, thanks to KPZANI....so my windows PC can connect to the web thru the linux.

What I want to do next is to setup a webserver(Apache, PhP etc)...Any recommendations?

1) Ive installed Apache already and I have a test "blah blah blah" test webpage at the root DIR. I can access this test page from my windows PC only by typing "http://192.168.0.1" and only when I flush all rules on my IPtables.

Please, how can I set up my IP tables so that I dont have to make it totally vulnerable by flushing all the firewall rules when I have to access my webserver.

2) I would want to put the webserver on the web.....using the IP I got from my ISP(which is on eth0 - static). Pls how do I do this.

thanks
    Toks

Just Joined!
    practicly, you must set a vpn between the linux an the win. the rest is apache config

scm
    Linux Engineer
    To allow web connections to Apache you've got to allow port 80 inbound connections. Once you do that, you should be on the web (if I've understood the rest of your post correctly).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close