Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Okay, I'll try it. Thanks you guys If I have any problems, I'll post it here. (on a new thread) Thanks again, Stagelight...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Okay, I'll try it. Thanks you guys If I have any problems, I'll post it here. (on a new thread)

Thanks again,
    Stagelight

Just Joined!
    i've installed 9.3 64bit and get similar issues

when do modprobe ndiswrapper it reports FATAL ndiswrapper not located

using MSI - NEO2 Platium Board (NForce3)

Just Joined!
    It seems like a popular problem, and I'm still trying to figure it out =P.

I would, if I were you, look at some other threads that might have more answers for your specific distro

Well, I'ma try something else, like maybe SuSE, or something.

Good luck,
    Stagelight

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagelight
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I've pretty much given up on Linux, I mean, I'll use it when it becomes more advanced, and more easier to use.

Now what I really want is a Mac.

But yes, please tell me if you find any way to solve your problem or even mine

Thanks,
    Stagelight
    hey! linux is waaay more advanced than windows, I'm having problems with ndiswrapper in slackware but it doesn't mean linux isnt advanced. im a windows user and have been for a long, long time. i dont know anything about linux, only some stuff and slowly slowly I learn things just like I did for windows, take this opertunity and learn how to install ndiswrapper.

now i need to find help

Quote Originally Posted by walkerx
    i've installed 9.3 64bit and get similar issues

when do modprobe ndiswrapper it reports FATAL ndiswrapper not located

using MSI - NEO2 Platium Board (NForce3)
    You do have the kernel sources installed right? and ndiswrapper and other stuff come on the cd/dvd. If problem still presists, try the 32 bit version of SuSE, cos some programs still haven't been properly ported or tested with the 64 bit version.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I didn't want to look like a forums n00b too. So, I'm going to write my "similiar" problem in here.

I have a wireless card.

US Robotics 5420 but it doesnt have linux drivers, which is pretty obvious. now I know where the driver file is located in my windows system, all I need to do now is install ndiswrapper on my linux system and apply the win driver.

but i have NO CLUE on how to do any of this! :/

is there anyone that can help me?

Follow these instructions and you should be fine. Be sure to have the kernel sources and wireless-tools installed also.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK
    Follow these instructions and you should be fine. Be sure to have the kernel sources and wireless-tools installed also.
    i did use them, but i got stuck right after modprobe...it said my network light should light up but it doesnt.

does an error or a system hangup happen when you try a modprobe ndiswrapper?
    try an iwconfig command to see if it is working, for the light to come on, power saving need be off for the card.[/code]

Just Joined!

"Operation not permitted"

I got this error when upgrading from Mandrake 10.0 to Mandriva 2005 (Mandrake 10.2). I had my wlan working with ndiswrapper, but it stopped working after the upgrade, giving me this message.

The solution was to remove the drivers with "ndiswrapper -e driver" and re-install (with "ndiswrapper -i driver.inf"). This will remove the compatibility errors that are keeping ndiswrapper from allowing itself to insmod.

hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2