Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok Guys, If anybody can help me i would be really appreciative. The end solution is to boot from a usb pen using the zenworks software. I have solved the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running a Linux Zenworks from Dos.

Ok Guys,

If anybody can help me i would be really appreciative.

The end solution is to boot from a usb pen using the zenworks software.

I have solved the problem of seeing the usb pen in dos by using a floppy disk to install drivers for usb pen.

Upto now i can see the usb pen in dos, but i am unsure now how to load the zenworks boot loader which is currently on a cd-rom and boots from cd rom. But i need it to boot from the usb pen.

NOTE : The computers i need to image with zenworks do not have the option of booting from BIOS so therefore i cannot recreate the pen as the cd-rom is. I need to run it from dos prompt.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

You can't really boot an OS from DOS as far as I know (as you are already in an OS). However try looking at SmartBootManager, It is usefule for booting from all kinds of media. You load it onto a floppy (or use the CD iso) and then it will allow you to boot form all sorts, even listing your partitions. It's a while since I've needed to use it, but I would guess it will facilitate a USB boot at this stage. Try googling for it...