Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm installing mandrake linux 10.1 on my Toshiba A75 Satellite Laptop. It has the Atheros chipset Wireless. In KDE Gui Console, it has me manually install driver, but does not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Atheros 802.11 Driver Install Issues w/ Mandrake (ath_pci)

I'm installing mandrake linux 10.1 on my Toshiba A75 Satellite Laptop. It has the Atheros chipset Wireless. In KDE Gui Console, it has me manually install driver, but does not accept it and just returns back to previous screen. I tried what someone posted to do with Mandrake 10.0 but it did not work in 10.1. I see this problem posted all over, but never a straight answer on how to overcome this problem. Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Just Joined!
    I've struggled with this myself. I'll tell you what I've discovered so far.

When it only presents you with the "Manually Install Driver," that means it hasn't found the actual driver. Even if you select the correct driver from the manual list, that's no guarantee that the driver actually exists on the system, and in my case the driver did NOT exist.

I had to download the driver and install it. http://madwifi.org

I'm able to configure the wireless card after installing the driver, but I can't ping anywhere ... but that's another story.