Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know the driver that this NIC chipset requires? I cannot find it anywhere and I dont know what it is called. This is fairly important, thank you....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Marvell 88E8053 driver

Does anyone know the driver that this NIC chipset requires? I cannot find it anywhere and I dont know what it is called. This is fairly important, thank you.

oz
    forum.guy
    Try the sk98lin driver. I'm pretty sure it will work for you.

if that doesn't work and ur motherboard is a nForce 4 Ultra (or someother nForce), try the nForce dirvers from nVidia's site. My NIC cuased the sk98lin to fail with the error "kobject_register failed for sk98lin (-17)".
    btw, if you use a 2.6.12 kernel you'll have to patch one line to get the nvnet to compile... I can't find the page with the patch right now -- tell me if your mobo is a nForce and if sk98lin doesn't work for you, and I'll dig up that patch and tell you how to get it to work.
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thank you for the responses. My mobo is not an nforce 4, and I am running the 2.4.29 kernel (dont ask me why)