Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I am very new to ubuntu and this forum so ehh, bare with me =) I posted this on a different forum(not a linux one) and it didnt really ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless G - ubnuntu problem

Well, I am very new to ubuntu and this forum so ehh, bare with me =)
    I posted this on a different forum(not a linux one) and it didnt really get resolved. Someone told me that for my wireless I would need to use Kwifimangaer and I had to edit something, I think it was repositories. But then that didn't work. In the networking thing there was only modem and ethernet no wireless. Any one shed some light?

Whoops just noticed I spelled Ubuntu wrong lol

See this post, also depending on the make of your card, you can use either ndiswrapper or a linux driver. Ndiswrapper is a program which baiscally makes linux understand what the windows drivers require or are trying to do.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I dont really understand that Do I dl the link next to driver? And how do I identify the card, if its one of those tx ones or not..?

I have really no clue @ all lol...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    with the ndiswrapper program, you can use the windows driver which came with your card. Just copy the driver files which came on the cd onto your home directory, then configure ndiswrapper as specified on the ndiswrapper page.

I think Ubuntu already comes with ndiswrapper, but I am not sure of this. Also, if you experience a system freeze when trying to do the modprobe ndiswrapper command, you will have to install the kernel-sources package.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.