Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i dont know if this is the group for this doubt but still i hope some one will help me out I am using the linux 2.6 smp kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Accessing novell share

hi

i dont know if this is the group for this doubt but still i hope some one will help me out

I am using the linux 2.6 smp kernel FC3. i have installed the novell rpm version mars-nwe-0.99pl20-13.i386.rpm in my system

i have made a novell share in my linux machine and i am trying to access it via the Novell netware network in the windows machine
    i have added an user "user1" also

When i try to access it using that user "user1" i am not allowed to login. but when i access that share using "guest" user i am able to login to that share

I tried the same rpm with the 2.4 kernel it is working fine. i am able to access that share using the "user1" and guest.

Any one knows why the problem like this in the 2.6 kernel?

Linux Newbie
    ok

i solved this issue . it was like if we take the nwserv.conf file of the 2.4 kernel and paste it over the one which was created when installing the new one in 2.6 kernel it will work

There are some sections in the configuration file which are different with the new one which had to be changed .

I hope this information will be useful for anyone else

Thanks

Sharon