Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am just curious of what a 2-way router is. Where can I buy it? I am having problems connecting 4 computers in one router and it is only the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

2way routers [SOLVED]

I am just curious of what a 2-way router is.

Where can I buy it?

I am having problems connecting 4 computers in one router and it is only the pc where linux is installed can't go online.

When I connect my linux machine directly to the modem, i can go online.

Linux Engineer
    How is your router set up? I can block mac addresses so boxes are denied access to the routher (thus preventing them from accessing the network & the internet). Have you implemented something like that by accident? You never know. Which type of router do you have?
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    compUSA Cable/DSL router 4-port Switch is my router and 4 computers are connected to it.

This router is connected to the my DSL modem.

So when I turn on all computers with XP and Windows 98SE at the same time they connect to the intenet.

But when I boot one computer with Linux and 3 computers with windows, only the 3 Windows computers can go online. My linux can't.

One of the 4 computers have an XP/Linux dual boot.

Have you made any changes to the firewall? You may want to check the settings in YaST, Security and Users, Firewall.

Just Joined!
    Should I disable firewall in YASt?

It sounds like you could have a default route problem. Have you set your default gateway to the router when it's plugged into there? I know the router should be configured to pick all that stuff up, but there could problems with the routing tables it uses.

Just Joined!
    I was able to configure it. Thanks guys...

I assigned static ip addresses to each of my computers...and it all works now. Yippeee!

Thanks, thanks, thanks