Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Connection problem with ethernet and wireless

hello everybody , i'm new to linux so don't be hard on me.
    i'm using xandros deluxe 3.0 is pretty good, I've been working with windows all my life and I want to make the transition to linux (we all know why), my question is my laptop (latitude ls) works fine on ethernet, go online search, download,etc. i install my wireless (linksys wusb54g v.2) driver using ndiswrapper, the power turn on the link ligth blinks i can see my router but no connection, now the other thing is that my ethernet stops working.
    what can I do?
    also
    why both connection can load up like windows, in windows I can connect to my router using the ethernet and the wireless to my brother router (don't ask why).
    in linux I have to disable the ethernet connection to use wireless and viceversa?
    any help is apreciate
    Egroj76

The linksys wireless card needs a Linux software driver. My SUSE system includes a smartlink package doesn't appear to be working. Linuxaunt (sp?) offers a driver for this wireless card.

i have both working at the same time. dose the wireless nic have the same device name as the ethernet card? like are they both 'eth0' ?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close