Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everybody, I am a newbie in linux, I want to configure wlan on my redhat9 system(kernel 2.4.22). i have got wlan-ng driver compiled on it, but confused as to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

choosing appropriate prism based PCI WLAN card

hi everybody,
    I am a newbie in linux, I want to configure wlan on my redhat9 system(kernel 2.4.22).
    i have got wlan-ng driver compiled on it, but confused as to which prism based pci wlan card to use .Gone through the list at Absolute Value systems site but unable to make a choice(newbie afterall).
    kindly help me and suggest some good prism based pci wlan cards.
    looking forward to an early response

Banned
    Belkin and Netgear make good stuff. If you find a linux-compatible card from them, that's a good choice. Linksys is also one of the best, but unfortunately, they don't make drivers for linux. The community has made some drivers for some of their cards, but not all of them. I sugggest you don't buy anything from them. I am not sure if belkin or netgear have prism cards, but I know they're good companies, and their hardware usually works in linux.

I know for a fact that the newer Netgear cards seem to use either TI(acx 111) or Atheros chips in them. Both of them have open source drivers, atheros has the madwifi drivers and the TI cards have the acx100/111 drivers.

See this post for more info: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-48999.html
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.