Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed a modem on window 2000 serer and want to share with redhat linux 9 please help me. thanks in advance...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to share window modem

I have installed a modem on window 2000 serer and want to share with redhat linux 9 please help me.

thanks in advance

I think it's probably best to set up the server as a gateway doing NAT. Set up your LAN using private address space IP addresses (192.168.n.n) and make the windows 2000 server your default gateway.

I'm no expert on windows 2000 server, but it should be possible to have it act as a firewall (no, really!) by port filtering, and you should be able to make it do dial-on-demand.

I know you can do this real easy from Linux because that's how my system was configured a few years ago when I still used analogue signals to carry data.

If proves too difficult to do on win2k, then how about considering setting up the modem on your Linux PC and connecting to the internet for all your stuff through that?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    I really appriciate your suggestion. I also want to setup the modem on linux pc but i have no driver for my modem (intel ambient). i have also searched but can't find.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close