Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Brisbane So do you know how to set up a network, SAMBA it gives me the message that it reads windows files. I don't have windows in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane
    So do you know how to set up a network, SAMBA it gives me the message that it reads windows files. I don't have windows in my network and it won't go in my network it is a all Linux network.

NFS server what it is that?
    Samba works perfectly over here. Lin to Lin. If you look further, no doubt you will find out it does the job just fine.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    I was mucking around with it and now something seems to have happened. It created a folder public_html. I had acess to that for awhile but then when I gave my self an IP and someone elses computer I suddenly did not have enough permissions even in root (aka system admin). But the other users f this computer had acess to that folder while I still have none.

This is really confusing me. I have filled out everything I can think of I just think I have done something wrong as I am not able to tranfere files.

Linux Engineer
    How are the folder permissions?
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    I had the same question on how to set up a network and share files, these guys helped me do it, http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight=
    . Hope it helps!!

Just Joined!
    Ok I filled out smaba but I still can't get it starting and I am linking linux to linux. I have filled out every little thing possible.

Just Joined!
    Ok I filled out smaba but I still can't get it starting and I am linking linux to linux. I have filled out every little thing possible. I have no idea what to do to be able to read other computers files and tranfer files and all that mumbo jumbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2