Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently installed apollon on a Suse 9.3 system and I can only connect to the Fasttrack network , and then only after I shut my firewall off . ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems configuring apollon/giFT

I have recently installed apollon on a Suse 9.3 system and I can only connect to the Fasttrack network , and then only after I shut my firewall off . At which point it connects and I can turn the fire wall back on without any further problems.I probable should mention that I am behind a router, however its internal firewall is disabled at this time.
    I nmaped my ports and this is what it told me:

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.211 seconds
    curtis@curts:~> nmap -p 1-60000 192.XXX.X.X

Starting nmap 3.93 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-09-18 22:14 PDT
    Interesting ports on XXXX(192.XXX.X.X):
    (The 59992 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    PORT STATE SERVICE
    22/tcp open ssh
    111/tcp open rpcbind
    631/tcp open ipp
    1213/tcp open unknown
    1214/tcp open fasttrack
    1215/tcp open unknown
    1216/tcp open unknown
    59049/tcp open unknown

Are these the right ports to have open, and if not can anyone point me to any documentation that was not written for a computer science major. I got these ports from reading the conf files for the individual plugins. I ahve searched around quite alot , but since I know little about the terminology I probable just didnt insert the proper term into the search engine. Any help would be appreciated.

the only thing I can think is you need to forward port 1214 on the router to your particular computer's ip
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    the only thing I can think is you need to forward port 1214 on the router to your particular computer's ip :?
    Tried that and still I have to shut down my firewall before it will connect, then I can turn the FW back on and it stays connected. And I still cannot connect to the Ares, Gnutenella, or openFT networks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close