Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi there im using thunder bird in linux and was using outlook in windows ,when i was using that OS . so i ve received some use ful msges in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to transfer mails fromoutlook to thunder bird

hi there
    im using thunder bird in linux and was using outlook in windows ,when i was using that OS . so i ve received some use ful msges in Outlook how to take those messages back in thunderbird in linux ??

Just Joined!
    Hi recklinux,

I haven't done this personally but I do have some information which I think might help. In the Tbird FAQ, there is a section on importing mail from other email applications. If you don't already have the windows version of Tbird installed on your windows machine/partition, you would want to do this and do the import from there. Also, I did a quick search on Outlook on the Tbird forum, and it looks like some people have had better luck exporting their Outlook mail into Outlook Express, and then importing into Tbird from there (link). After that, it is really easy to take your windows setup for Tbird and import it into Linux (or vice versa). Here are some excellent instructions on saving and restoring your Tbird profile folder. I've used this across Linux and Windows without any problems.

Just Joined!
    hi
    i did that but it has communicator 4.x and didn't import the mails , also it browse the window for the txt files etc , plz tell how it works actually all the steps .
    thanx

Just Joined!
    hi doesn't work any how
    anybody having its solutions?????

Just Joined!