Find the answer to your Linux question:
pls am on a network with just 2 pcs using static ip addys. my windows pc has a connection to the internet, iwant to share it with my linux pc....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sharing internet with a windows pc

pls am on a network with just 2 pcs using static ip addys. my windows pc has a connection to the internet, iwant to share it with my linux pc.

Linux Guru

Re: sharing internet with a windows pc

Quote Originally Posted by topzy2000
    pls am on a network with just 2 pcs using static ip addys. my windows pc has a connection to the internet, iwant to share it with my linux pc.
    Do you mean that you have 2 static IPs? Or that you have one static IP given to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and you want to share access on that single IP?

If you have 2 static IPs, then I think you just need to get the cable to both boxes through a switch or router. If you have a single IP, you will need to have IP Masquerade set up. I don't know if Windows can do that, but Linux can. Of course that will require that you run an ethernet cable from the Linux box to the Windows box. Firestarter is probably the easiest away to get Masquerading up quickly.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better