Find the answer to your Linux question:
If I want to ssh to another machine and output the X server through ssh then, is there a way to resize the window to a lower resolution than on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ssh X resize

If I want to ssh to another machine and output the X server through ssh then, is there a way to resize the window to a lower resolution than on the host box? My host machine is set higher than the client and so the output is too large. Can I scale it down without resetting the resolution on the host machine everytime?
    Thanks

I'm sorry I'm asking you a questions instead of actually answering yours, but I'm curious. Are you talking about using ssh to get a remote X window on the client machine? Like VNC? If that's the case, I didn't realize you could do that. Cool.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Just Joined!
    i'm talking about

ssh -X XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

so that if you you were to run say, firefox on the host machine, it forwards the connection to the X server on your machine so that the host's firefox opens on your machine

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ok, that makes sense. Now that you describe it, I've seen that before. Sorry I can't be more help with your issue.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?