Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
no sorry what i ment is I had managed to installed the drivers that for the adapter without useing madwifi or wrapper. And now i don't know how to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no sorry what i ment is I had managed to installed the drivers that for the adapter without useing madwifi or wrapper. And now i don't know how to use them

oh, so you installed the original drivers from 3Com?

Now, when you installed, there should have been some *.ko modules there and which should have been moved to the /lib/modules/<kerenel-version>/net folder. In Fedora's network config tool, under driver heading, you should put the name of the driver without the .ko part. For example, the driver for my card is acx_pci.ko, in the module/driver section of my wireless networking setup, i would put acx_pci as the driver name.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Sorry don't see it

Whatever I pick in the network setup or go in the internet connection wizard i'm given a choice of devices that it reconises but no option for driver or module

sorry and thanks for all your help so far

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hmm, since I am not familiar with Fedora I can't exactly help with the network setup menus and all that. However, to see if the system detects the card at all, as root type into a terminal:
    Code:
    lsusb
    and see if that gives any matches.

Other than that, only thing i can suggest is really hunt around in Fedora's network setup tool for a place to enter the module name. Perhaps in some "advanced" submenu or something like that.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    lsusb gets one result still can't find any module thing though. Will try the Fedora forum

thanks for all your help man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2