Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, the whole point of this is to get my azureus program working and up to par. It needs port 6881 open for it's proper functionality. Lucky for me, my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

all i need is to forward 1 port... how?

Okay, the whole point of this is to get my azureus program working and up to par. It needs port 6881 open for it's proper functionality. Lucky for me, my external dsl modem runs linux , so all I hopefully need to do is enter the right commands. Unfortunately, I suck with networking and Linux.

First of all, I want to clear all ip tables, routing tables, all default everything.

Next, I need to forward ALL (hopefully) packets from ppp0 to br0 (br0 is the equivelent of eth0), reguardless of their port number, etc.

I don't want to do lots of crazy network address translation, because that's what azureus is telling me that the problem is in the first place.

If ANYone even thinks that they can help me, I would VERY much appreciate it if you could try.

What type of router is it? Normally the routers have a web based interface - try to access it using something like http://192.168.1.1

Most routers can be accessed through ssh - try
    Code:
    ssh 192.168.1.1
    and you will be on command line on the box. should be a bit more difficult than the web route but the last method and one of the easiest is telnet. Connect the same as ssh, obviosuly repacing 'ssh' with 'telnet'.

You may also need the admin password. If you get this far post back and I may be able to help. This is a very useful link - Portforward.com