Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello , i`ve installed Smoothwall 2.0 on my gateway , when i acces the web interface from a computer on my network : i can see how long has the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to enable remote administration or add users in SMoothwall 2.0 ?

Hello , i`ve installed Smoothwall 2.0 on my gateway , when i acces the web interface from a computer on my network : i can see how long has the server been up but when i try to look at : vpn , networking , logs, it asks me for a username and a password !

I cannot login as root , i havent made any user account , can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem !

Are there some commands to add remote user(s) ?

Thank you , Manu

This is not a problem, this is normal operation. Smoothwall turns an old computer into a firewall appliance - you dont need to install users on it; it's not a Linux distro.

You should, however, be able to log in as root, provided you have remembered the root password. There are 3 passwords you will have entered when you installed the box, if you cant remember which it was, try all 3. If you're logging in over the web connection, you need to use the 'admin' account and password.

If you want to use the computer for something other than as a firewall, then I recommend you download and install a proper distribution.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!

Problem resolved

Problem was resolved, i just had to login as "admin" in the WEB GUI INTERFACE !

Thanks !