Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't umount a cifs share I've got up. It tells me 'umount: /home/sean/CSMEG_scolgan: device is busy' I think that the problem is some unstable software that was using it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

'umount' thoroughly confused

I can't umount a cifs share I've got up. It tells me 'umount: /home/sean/CSMEG_scolgan: device is busy'

I think that the problem is some unstable software that was using it and hung. I killed the bad app, but somehow it must still have a hold on the mounted share.

I've tried fuser -km /mount/point but it doesn't seem to change anything. I'm trying to ps -AF | grep <something> to see who's still hanging onto it but I'm not sure what to replace the <something> with to find anything useful.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way of seeing a list of who the system thinks is using a mount point? I thought that fuser was supposed to be the silver bullet for these issues.

Eventually, this will hang the system during shutdown because it can't relsease the share. This is a pain-in-yer-ear. And it sucks.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Try:
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/lsof -N