Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey. Ok. I have got 2 machines, both sitting next to each other. The one is running XP (Which I'm on now) and running through a Speedtouch 330 Win-modem. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FC4, Netgear DG632, ADSL.

Hey.

Ok. I have got 2 machines, both sitting next to each other. The one is running XP (Which I'm on now) and running through a Speedtouch 330 Win-modem. This works fine.

I also have a Linux box, running FC4, which I'm trying to put through a Netgear ASDL Modem/Router DG632, which is set to "Modem" mode.

I, however, can't get it to do jack.

It's connected via Ethernet, to the modem, and then into the ADSL line (Which I know works).

I can ping 127.0.0.1, which of course replies almost instantly, but I can't ping anything else. I can't even ping the device. (192.168.0.1).

I have all the DNS info, and such like, from doing an "Ipconfig /all" on my windows box, but have not put it anywhere yet.

Any ideas where to start? >_<

Screen shots can be provided of anything that's needed, due to the wonders of a USB drive and web hosting.

Any help would be awesome.

Edit: From having a play with some stuff, and Kppp I've set all the stuff across from my Windows Box, (IP, DNS, Gateway, Subnet Mask etc), but it doesn't see the modem. I select which port it's on, and then go across to query the modem, and it tells me that it can't open the modem.

If it's plugged into the only ethernet on the board, which port would it be? Is it easier to plug it into a USB port?

Ed.

Just Joined!
    for configuring the adsl support on fc 4, get a pppoe supporting package.. a project by Roaring penguins. here is the link for download:

http://freshmeat.net/redir/rp-pppoe/...poe-3.6.tar.gz

download and get the addon configured and it should be working fine