Find the answer to your Linux question:
Code: +------------------------------------------------+ | System specs: | | Dell Inspiron 2650 | | Intel Pentium 4m processor 1.5GHz | | 256MB Physical Ram | | Running: | | Slackware 10.2 | ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Netgear WG511v2 and Slackware 10.2

Code:
    +------------------------------------------------+
    |  System specs:                                 |
    |  Dell Inspiron 2650                            |
    |  Intel Pentium 4m processor 1.5GHz             |
    |  256MB Physical Ram                            |
    |  Running:                                      |
    |    Slackware 10.2                              |
    |    Kernel 2.6.13                               |
    +------------------------------------------------+

Being a fairly hard core Computer Otaku i appreciate an excelent and complete generic how-to when i see it. the WG511v2 for Yopper (http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials...ial-23875.html) is an excelent tutorial for the setup of this card, however the how to lacks one crutial part. a link for the firmware files required as part of the install.

I am not unexperianced with this as (USUALLY) a very easy and reliable place to retrieve said files is the manufacturer's website.

HOWEVER,

the new version of the netgear website boasts an extremely counter intuitive layout coupled with an apparent inability for the servers to maintain an active connection for more than 45 seconds, thus rendering me unable to download the files from the manufacturer.

a full 45 minutes of googling later i am still unable to secure an alternate location for the firmware files nor am i able to download the official file set from netgear.

If anyone could be of assistance to me in locating the proper firmware files i would be most appreciative.

hmm...I can't seem to find another link for downloading it. I still have a copy of it on my memory stick, send me an e-mail and I'll be glad to e-mail it to you!