Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello! i am in need of some advice on how what i should do with me small office network. currently i have smoothwall running as my firewall and have squid ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

networking recommendations

hello!

i am in need of some advice on how what i should do with me small office network.

currently i have smoothwall running as my firewall and have squid proxy server running on another box that is strictly as a web content filter.

i want to have a webcontent filter and firewall (maybe as a transparent proxy) on the same box....but dont know what to do!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
    spencer

I thought smoothwall can have a content filter built into it. I think it was called dansguardian or something of that sort, I found it in Smoothwall's own forums.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux User

Re: networking recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by optimum76x
    hello!

i am in need of some advice on how what i should do with me small office network.

currently i have smoothwall running as my firewall and have squid proxy server running on another box that is strictly as a web content filter.

i want to have a webcontent filter and firewall (maybe as a transparent proxy) on the same box....but dont know what to do!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
    spencer
    last time i checked dansgardian can be install on the smoothwall system, also for transparent proxy all you need todo is postroute all packets comming in on port 80 from the lan to the proxy port
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Smoothwall has Squid built in. All you'll need to do is enable web caching and install your content filter.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy