Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am switching to DSL and I was Courios if Ishould change any of my Firewall settings it also has a Hyper G?Classic B wireless Router I have the firewall ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A firewall Question

I am switching to DSL and I was Courios if Ishould change any of my Firewall settings it also has a Hyper G?Classic B wireless Router I have the firewall set to the basic settings

Just Joined!

Firewall or Wireless Question?

As far as your computers firewall is concerned, those are still packets comming in And it is probably the same pair of wires its using, just a higher frequency (oh never mind).

as for the 'Wireless Router'.... The question really is not pertaining to the network comming in, but the possibilities of people around you with laptops or wireless cards that can gain access to your internet. A friend of mine has never had to pay for internet connection, as everywhere she has lived just happened to be next to someone with a wireless router. Cool huh.

Im not going to explain how to set your wireless part up. You can make a risk analysis for yourself. Are you worried people will hog into your network via the wireless, or do you not care. If you dont care (or if you cant be bothered), keep the basic settings. If you do care, and want some ideas... the internet is sure to show you plenty of aspects such as MAC restrictions, or turning off the wireless when not in use or setting some WEP key up. (please note to all reading this I did not ever say any of these three suggestions would be the best way to protect the wireless router!)

Good luck BobKat

cool I am in a networking clas next week we are going to start Wireless networking so I will learn how protect it ther thanks for the reply