Find the answer to your Linux question:
im running suse 10 and i have spent hours tryiing to connect to the printer on another comp on the network it is attached to a windows machine and i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

windows priter sharing

im running suse 10 and i have spent hours tryiing to connect to the printer on another comp on the network it is attached to a windows machine and i cant move it to my linux computer can anyone help me get that printer working

Banned
    take a look at samba
    i havnt ever done it tbh
    but i know that is what is needed

www.samba.org

sum1 may be able to help you further, or you could even help yourself

Just Joined!
    samba comes with suse 10 and and i can see the work group and access files on my windows machine but i cant connect the the printer on that computer i have tried everything i can think of to get it to work

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure what you have tried thus far so forgive me if I'm pointing out the obvious. Can you see the printer share from your linux machine at all? have you looked through the samba config file (/etc/samba/smb.conf) to see if there are any settings commented out or set incorrectly that may prevent you from accessing the printer? Have you tried turning off any firewalls or allowing the necessary ports?

There are so many variables... can you provide some more details on your current samba setup and some things you've tried to get it working?