Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Linux box running Fedora Core 4 that I need to mount several shares on. One of the shares I need to mount is on a HP-UX machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

smbmount problems

I have a Linux box running Fedora Core 4 that I need to mount several shares on. One of the shares I need to mount is on a HP-UX machine running Samba to share CAD files. I can mount the share on the FC4 box, but when I go to browse the shares I see a bunch of broken symbolic links. In other words, when I list the directory contents all the directories show up in red and when I do a "ls -la" I see stuff like working->/bu/users/working for all of the directories.

The weird thing is that I can browse to the server and share via Nautilus file manager and see all the directories and files just fine. Does anyone know how to make smbmount work correctly so I can mount this share? I really need to get it mounted because I have a script to automate the task of copying several files to it every 2 hours.

Just Joined!
    I should also point out that no symbolic links actually exist in the directories on the HP-UX machine. I have logged into that machine and looked at the directory structure for those shares, and all the directories are true directories. It's obviously a configuration error on the HP-UX server side, but I dont' have access to changing anything on that machine so I'll just have to fix it on my end.