Find the answer to your Linux question:
I purchased Mandrake Linux 9.2(Power Pack). The problem is that i can't connect to the Net. My guide said that I had to open the "Run" thing(Alt + F2) and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No Internet(Mandrake 9.2)

I purchased Mandrake Linux 9.2(Power Pack). The problem is that i can't connect to the Net. My guide said that I had to open the "Run" thing(Alt + F2) and then I had to type "kppp", I did but Linux can't find this program.
    So I tried to connect with Control Panel, but Linux can't find my modem, either , I tried all the choises, but the system can't find my modem.... I use Supra 56k, and my Modem is connected in COM1, can you give me a program or a good guide that can help me.

Thanks.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I downoaded 9.1 so there was no tech support for 3o days etc... Does the purchased version of Mandrake give you telephone tech access and if so for how long?

I ask becasue RH and SuSE are email only so trying t solve a problem through monolog converstions is next to impossible in my experience. Too many variables to troublshoot via email.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    It provides only 30 days of e-mail installation help. No telephone, and things.
    In your version you connect to net, with the kppp program?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close