Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
I just loaded SuSe 10.0 on my laptop and tried using a Airlink WiFi card with no luck. Anyone has any luck tring to get one of these card working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WiFi Cards

I just loaded SuSe 10.0 on my laptop and tried using a Airlink WiFi card with no luck. Anyone has any luck tring to get one of these card working with this version of Suse?

Please Advise.

I used Yast and it found the card but would turn the card on, said it needed to reboot. Tried rebooting and still no Wifi card.

Look into ndiswrapper (I think that it should be installed) It will load the windows drovers for your card. Try that and tell me what happens
    Registered GNU/Linux User #399198
    'Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.' -Steven Wright

Just Joined!

Ndiswrapper-1.6

Okay, I looked everywhere on my machine and still don't see ndiswrapper. I downloaded a copy of the program and extracted it to my home file. I can't seem to get the program working.

I tried loading this program the way that the instructions said to but for some reason it didn't take.

Can someone walk me through this please.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Launch yast, search for ndiswrapper, it should be there. No need to install it from source. Also, follow this tutorial
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!

Ndiswrapper-1.6

Okay, I loaded the package but now what, I can't see the program anywhere. I have the INF file loaded onto my computer also, sitting in my home directory but really not sure what to do with it from this point forward, can someone help.

ndiswrapper is run from the command line as root. read the tutorial i posted before, it explains what to do. Scroll down a bit to the part where it starts using ndiswrapper -i whatever.inf....

Also, you need more than just the *.inf file. Copy over the whole driver's directory which came on the cd with the card.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!

Okay here is what I got

I am in the Root Shell - Konsole. I started ndiswrapper -i but I'm not sure if I should be using link/to. The files .cat, .sys, and .inf are located in my home directory. I tried several combination and I keep getting no such file or directory.

My home directory is located /home/tim/airlink which contains all the files i need.

please advise

you needd to type in

Code:
    ndiswrapper -i  /home/tim/airlink/filename.inf
    andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Just Joined!

Thanks for the help

I figured out how to direct to the file that I needed loaded but once I loaded everything ndiswrapper came back and said that the drivers were wrong. So I'm back to square one.

What I realized is that I probably should seek out hardware that's a little bit easier to configure. Nothing I have done will allow me to start this WiFi adapter.

Is there some PCMCIA Card that works right off the bat using Suse 10.0? I think I should start there first.

Please advise. Thanks

have a look here,might help

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-48999.html
    andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast