Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which keyboard layout do you use?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • QWERTY

2 50.00%
  • Dvorak

1 25.00%
  • Asetion

0 0%
  • XPert

0 0%
  • Arensito

0 0%
  • Something Else

1 25.00%
Hi, I've tried using XDMCP between a computer with MEPIS 3.3 and another with Debian Etch. In GDM, which I am running on both of them, I chose the option ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

XDMCP connection problems

Hi, I've tried using XDMCP between a computer with MEPIS 3.3 and another with Debian Etch. In GDM, which I am running on both of them, I chose the option to allow XDMCP connections to port 177. When I tell GDM to run the XDMCP program, it scans the local network and finds only the computer itself. Both of the computers are attached to the same router and have the ip addresses 192.168.1.100 for the Debian and 192.168.1.101 for the MEPIS. When I type in one of these addresses to connect to the other computer (192.168.1.101 on the Debian), the application tells me that after three seconds, there was no response from the host. However, when I login each to itself, and ping the other computer I always get the packets back. I've also tried to do the "X -query <ipaddress> thing and it does not work either. I don't know if I have a firewall running and I don't know how to disable it for the particular ports but I don't think this matters.

Why cannot I connect to the other computer?

Yes, I know the poll is totally off topic, but I had to put it there. Please answer honestly.

--Typed on Dvorak

Linux User
    I dont understand the goal of this poll but i use an azerty keyboard layout