Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a linksys wpc11 v4 and I am trying to get it working in my old Toshiba Satellite 225CDS (pentium 133mhz, 48mb ram). I installed debian, installed kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386, installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless pcmcia not powering on

I have a linksys wpc11 v4 and I am trying to get it working in my old Toshiba Satellite 225CDS (pentium 133mhz, 48mb ram). I installed debian, installed kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386, installed ndiswrapper-module and utils, downloaded the rtl8180 drivers from realtek.com.tw, installed the drivers using ndiswrapper -i net8180.inf, ndiswrapper -l returns: net8180 driver present (thats it). i found http://rtl8180-sa2400.sourceforge.net/ and that page says something about the card being asleep until you run ifconfig up.*, but that doesn't work for me, i just get "error fetching interface information: device not found".

my regular NIC (megahertz xjem pcmcia) works in both of the laptops card slots, and the linksys wpc11 v4 works in my gf's new ibm laptop, so the only conclusion i can draw is that somehow the old pcmcia slot isn't giving the new wpc11 enough power.

anyone have any other ideas?

Linux Newbie

Wireless problem

Is your card a card that needs a cardbus connection and does your laptop
    have cardbus or just the older pcmcia slot.