Find the answer to your Linux question:
i need a hand with some networking in ubuntu, im a bit stuck, im trying to access a MS network through samba and i get this message when i want ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

samba problem?

i need a hand with some networking in ubuntu, im a bit stuck, im trying to access a MS network through samba and i get this message when i want to browse network groups http://peecee.dk/?id=23418&noresize=yes (screenshot)

..NICO is my own pc, which is a bit wired since im not trying to connect to it, but the network groups. what is more wired is that my pass for my own pc doesnt work?! --

any idears where to start?

Not familiar with Ubuntu ... your pass doesn't work because samba doesn't use system passwords by default. Run

smbpasswd -a nicholas

and provide new "samba password". Then you'll be able to pass thru this dialog at least ...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by srerucha
    Not familiar with Ubuntu ... your pass doesn't work because samba doesn't use system passwords by default. Run

smbpasswd -a nicholas

and provide new "samba password". Then you'll be able to pass thru this dialog at least ...
    okey thanks. now im past that. i can now see my own pc in the workgroup. but none other. (others = suse machine and a winxp, note; the suse and xp have never could see each other) any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Do you have nmbd daemon running ? It's part of samba suite.