Find the answer to your Linux question:
To connect to the school wireless network, I was given these information. But, I don't know what to do with them. I am using FC4. I installed the drivers and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

School wireless network

To connect to the school wireless network, I was given these information. But, I don't know what to do with them. I am using FC4. I installed the drivers and things for my wireless card already.

Network/SSID: ubcsecure (you may have to manually type this in)
    Server: secure.wireless.ubc.ca (if there is a mutual authentication option)
    Data Encryption Method: TKIP
    EAP Type: PEAP
    Network Authentication Method: WPA (also sometimes called WPA-PEAP or WPA-RADIUS)

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by bonniehandi
    To connect to the school wireless network, I was given these information. But, I don't know what to do with them. I am using FC4. I installed the drivers and things for my wireless card already.

Network/SSID: ubcsecure (you may have to manually type this in)
    Server: secure.wireless.ubc.ca (if there is a mutual authentication option)
    Data Encryption Method: TKIP
    EAP Type: PEAP
    Network Authentication Method: WPA (also sometimes called WPA-PEAP or WPA-RADIUS)
    First of all youll need a compatible card, then to download a suplicant such as wpasupplicant. Follow the normal instructions to connect to a normal AP. Then Go in to your wpasuplicant config and type in the nessisary setting(username and password)
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

I installed gFTP. I have noticed that I was only able to transfer files.
    I am wondering if there is something like the SSH sceurce shell. That would allowed me run the console on my school's computer from my computer.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by bonniehandi
    I installed gFTP. I have noticed that I was only able to transfer files.
    I am wondering if there is something like the SSH sceurce shell. That would allowed me run the console on my school's computer from my computer.
    what do you mean, if its linux just use ssh.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis