Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there everyone! First of all, there is no driver for the Sony Ericsson GC89 card, but that's fine. I was still able to communicate with the card using minicom ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What AT commands to use for Sony Ericsson GC89 in Linux

Hi there everyone!

First of all, there is no driver for the Sony Ericsson GC89 card, but that's fine. I was still able to communicate with the card using minicom serially. The main problem here is that I can't get the AT commands to work

I was looking at the post on GC83 at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...ight-gc83.html and http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...highlight=gc83

So I basically did:

AT+CFUN=1
    AT+CFUN=1
    AT+CGREG=1
    AT
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet3.voicestream.com"
    AT+CGDCONT=2,"IP","internet3.voicestream.com"
    ATDT*99***1#

and I keep getting "+CME ERROR: 3" which means "operation not allowed" from the GC8x AT manual, but when I use this card, it connects successfully without using a username or password.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a GC89 card to work in Linux

Thanks

Just Joined!

GC83 Woes

Ok.. So while I have been using Linux off and on for the past couple of years, I am still an idoit when it comes to some things... lol

Can you please tell me where it is I need to use these command. I am currently running SuSE 10.1 and have got the card to connect using the network manager. However, when I run ifconfig it tells me that only 42.0 b have been recieved from the host.

Can you help?????

Thanks,

Roy

Just Joined!
    Linux noob here. Trying to get GC89 to connect to T-Mobile on Ubuntu 6.10 via KPPP. Can anyone use small words and walk me through it? Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!

GC 89 air card

Did you ever get any help to get you're card working. I have mine working but the programmer that set it up for me has abandoned me and left me with ARC Linux - no plug and play or any of that so I'm not sure where the code he wrote is - if you can help me find it I'll be able to help and also be able to save it to disc for when I change over to Ubuntu - I'll have it if Ubuntu doesn't recognize the card

Anyway best of luck

Dennis