Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I have a Australia(40 user office) office running behind a isa firewall and i also have a office in singapore(5 user office) which i would like to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux vpn,data,dns host box???

Hey guys,
    I have a Australia(40 user office) office running behind a isa firewall and i also have a office in singapore(5 user office) which i would like to use a linux box as a dns, data, firewall, and vpn access with site to site. Firstly is linux able to do this in 1 server???? Where can i gets guides or doc's on this???
    Also which linux should i use as i am a newbie???
    Any advice would be nice.
    Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    Hello there,
    I ran across your posting and while I personally do not have experience in the area you are inquiring about, it is an area of technology that I have been looking into myself. What I can do is make reference to some material that I have been looking at, at least that will give you a starting point to follow up on.

In terms of Linux based VPNs, I have been looking at a book to buy on the subject and this book has recieved a lot of good reviews http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157...Fencoding=UTF8

For a Linux Firewall book, I have been looking at this book as a possible option to buy http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067...Fencoding=UTF8

Regarding which distribution of Linux to use, well I am sure there are a lot of opinions on that one. I have a background in SCO Unix and IBM AIX, so I am pretty familiar with Unix in general. I just recently started getting into Linux, at least for the moment just here at home as my work environment is mostly Microsoft Windows related. I happened to be out at my local computer store recently and purchased the SuSE 10.0 version of Linux. Yes, I realize that you can download various distributions for no charge, but I thought as an intro into Linux a boxed distribution set might be best for me. So far I am enjoying SuSE a lot and will probably continue to work with it as I have the time.

Hope this helps you out.