Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to find a product which will meet my network monitoring needs and am looking for suggestions in this area. I run a network with mulitple Internet-accessable servers. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network monitoring

I'm trying to find a product which will meet my network monitoring needs and am looking for suggestions in this area. I run a network with mulitple Internet-accessable servers. I want to monitor bandwidth usage on our internet connection. My router runs Debian Woody and I'm currently running mrtg on it. While this gives me a bunch of pretty graphs showing overall bandwidth usage, it doesn't tell me what servers are consuming what portion of that bandwidth. Ntop does this like a champ, but doesn't run reliably on Debian. (The Ntop people are aware of this and appearently have no plans to fix it.) Now, Debian rocks, so I'd really like to NOT switch to another disto, but if I can't find another product that will accomplish this task (or find a way to make ntop work on Debian) I may have to. Can anyone here suggest anything to help me solve this issue?

Linux User
    You might want to check out andutteye, it's written by a member of this forum (Andutt). I haven't used it but it looks to be pretty advanced, so you should be able to find what you're looking for out of it.