Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi This problem has been with me since 2 years now, and i cant seem to find a solution for this anymore. Now I have 2 different kinds of ADSL ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Internet Connection Problem Vs Linux Distro

Hi
    This problem has been with me since 2 years now, and i cant seem to find a solution for this anymore. Now I have 2 different kinds of ADSL modems.
    I jack my ADSL modem to a usb to my computer then im online (Im talking about using Windows).

Lucent Cellpipe 20A-USB
    &
    Aztech DSL206U

My question here is which distro of linux ( Live CD's ) well detect one of the two ?

PS: Aztech modem (which I'm using recently) got detected as eagle in PCLinuxOS ( pclinuxos-p92-nvidia7174 ) but when it starts to connect ( which doesnt cause my modem to blind, just stays stable with no light signals ) it takes 2 min's then says failed.

Really appretiate who can help me

The Pictures:

If you can plug them (one of them I mean) to your computer with an ethernet cable (instead of USB), then all will be said and done.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    You mean one of them Lan cables for my Ethernet PC Card 10/100 ?
    Connect that to my modem ? i'll see how its accomplish .
    Thanks anyway