Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Postfix and Courier on my Debian server. If I login to the server and startup Evolution I can login to my pop3 and smtp servers just fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't See Server from Outside?

I am using Postfix and Courier on my Debian server. If I login to the server and startup Evolution I can login to my pop3 and smtp servers just fine using my mail.domain.com host. However, if I go to my other computer (on the same LAN, not that it seems to matter) and try to login to the pop3 it says "Connection to mail.domain.com failed: Connection Refused". Now, if I put "192.168.0.6" in for the mail server it connects just fine!

This same thing applies to Apache SSL -- for whatever reason, apache won't let me do https://domain.com/ (it just hangs forever), I have to do https://host.domain.com/. Now this works perfectly fine on local, but when I am on this computer it says "cannot connect...". Furthermore, if I use 192.168.0.6 instead here it works too! This applies to SSH as well... everything I've tried has failed except standard Apache and FTP. My DNS looks something like this:

IP Addresses (A):
    host.domain.com | 123.456.7.8 (my hostname and same IP used for domain.com)

Mail Servers (MX):
    domain.com | mail.domain.com

What exactly am I doing wrong here?

happen

Hi,

what do u really want to happen to have an secure connection logging in to ur mail server?every package has different config for security especially is SSL. 1st things 1st my friend wat do u want to configure using the security of SSL?