Find the answer to your Linux question:
my card doesn't seem to want to run any faster than ~5MB/s, and i need some help getting it to work properly. i am not that experienced with linux so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

netgear GA311 not running at gigabit speeds

my card doesn't seem to want to run any faster than ~5MB/s, and i need some help getting it to work properly. i am not that experienced with linux so i'd appreciate any help! but please, i'll need more hand-holding than a simple 'try this app, its great!' - i'll need to know what to do with it.

running suse 10.1 with KDE. thanks in advance

How have you determined this is the speed it is running at? If it is file transfer please bear in mind that your harddrives only have limited performance and will not be able to read/write at full gigabit capacity. 5-6MB/s should be about correct for a normal 7200rpm IDE drive. Bear in mind that that is a 40Mbps transfer.

Just Joined!
    ahh sorry i forgot to mention, its copying data from 4x sata disk raid 0 to 4x sata disk raid 0 (server to backup). and i got the figure from the dialogue window while copying the data.

Kernel

Hey mate, have a look at this link. Have you already checked the kernel version you've got

http://www.phoronix.com/lch/?k=entry...etgear%20GA311