Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to this so please bear with me. We have setup a Cent OS server with one Cent OS client and one Red Had Fedora Core 4 client. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Client / Server program cannot establish connection

I am new to this so please bear with me. We have setup a Cent OS server with one Cent OS client and one Red Had Fedora Core 4 client. While I can ssh and sftp from either client to the server, an application I have been give to maintain, (radmind) cannot establish communications (sockets) between the server side and client side software. I have down loaded test software, server daemon and client piece, that establishes a connection via sockets and it does not work. The error from one app is "Connection Failed" and the other (test app) gives me "file or directory not found". The test app prints "server waiting" in the term window on the server and the client can never communicate with it. Firewalls have been turned off, default sockets for the program have been opened, when the firewall was up. TCP/IP in use, no DHCP all IPs are static. Any comments on things to check and configure will be appreciated.

If additional info is needed, and I am certain it will be, I will do my best to provide ASAP.
    Thanks
    TL

Ethereal

On the server machine, you can run the command "netstat -a" to get a list of all open and listening ports. You should see your server application listed with the port it is listening on. Verify it is the port you expect.

If that doesn't help, you need ethereal. It's probably included in both your distributions, or you can get it at the ethereal website. It will show you every packet being transferred or filter it down to just what you want.