Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Can anybody help me to control the internet bandwidth shared by my Linux PC. Is there any GUI tool or any other method to do this? Please explain in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bandwidth Control

Hi
    Can anybody help me to control the internet bandwidth shared by my Linux PC.
    Is there any GUI tool or any other method to do this?
    Please explain in detail.

Thanks in advance
    Raks

Do you mean you have a Linux PC and some other PC both connected to a router, and you want the Linux PC to get more bandwidth? (This sounds like a roommate fight. )

If that's the scenario, I don't think either PC can control the bandwidth, though the router might possibly be able to.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson
    Do you mean you have a Linux PC and some other PC both connected to a router, and you want the Linux PC to get more bandwidth? (This sounds like a roommate fight. )

If that's the scenario, I don't think either PC can control the bandwidth, though the router might possibly be able to.

Thanks for reply
    I have a linux PC connected directly to internet via DSL modem,this is a 2 mbps line, other PCs in my network are using internet through this PC. I want that other PCs can't download more than 50 MB & there bandwidth limit to 128kbps.

This could possibly work :
    http://www.bandwidtharbitrator.com/
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Hi Raks,

I believe it may help you http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Iproute2.

Good luck,

Lafs