Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Well I am convinced that the WPC54G wireless card is the spawn of satan. It took 2 hours to get to work on Windows on my friend's computer... Anyways, I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Angry No power on Linksys WPC54G Laptop Wireless Card

Well I am convinced that the WPC54G wireless card is the spawn of satan. It took 2 hours to get to work on Windows on my friend's computer... Anyways, I'm running SuSE 10.1 and I can't get the power light or link light to turn on on my Linksys WPC54G Laptop Wireless card. I believe that I've installed ndiswrapper with my card correctly, but there isn't a 'wlan0' I really don't have any other information on the problem except that the card works in Windows, but in Linux the little power light refuses to come on, making me believe Linux doesn't know it exists...

Basic Info:
    Linksys WPC54G Wireless Laptop Card
    Texas Instruments ACX Chipset Based
    Dell Latitude (Don't know the model #)
    SuSE Linux 10.1
    2.6 Kernel
    Ndiswrapper installed and configured but no wlan0
    YaST doesn't detect the card at all

Any help MUCH appreciated. (Except get a new card, I'm too cheap for that)

-Brian
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

Linux Newbie
    What's the output of ndiswrapper -l ?
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

Linux Newbie
    The Output of ndiswrapper -l:

Installed Drivers:
    lsbcmnds Invalid Driver!
    lstinds Invalid Driver!

Besides this, I discovered that under yast there is a PCI driver configuration tool, and it has my wireless card listed...but not activated. It wants the SysFS Directory and Driver. To activate it, what would these values be, if it would help?

Thanks
    -Brian
    There is no problem so complicated that you cannot find a very simple answer to it if you look at it in the right way

Linux Newbie
    Ok you have problems with driver there - follow the install windows driver section here http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...p/Installation to confirm which chipset you have and then get confirmed working driver info here - http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...index.php/List . Also these instructions which have been tested on Suse 10.1 http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...ofessional_9.2

Linux Newbie
    Ok, I'll try these instructions, but I'm going away for 4 days so I may not get a chance to post back until saturday or sunday.

Thanks
    -Brian

Linux Newbie
    Allright, I followed these directions, and I can not get evil the little power light to come on, however ndiswrapper -l returns that the driver is correctly installed. I tried taking out and reinserting the card, which failed as well. Any more advice from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so far
    -Brian

Linux Newbie
    Well only other thing I can think of is that maybe acx/acx_pci already loaded. Check lsmod and unload if its there - if it is there it may need firmware to make it work so you wont need ndiswrapper.

Linux Newbie
    acx is not loaded, but ndiswrapper is. I downloaded and installed the linux acx driver, and removed ndiswrapper but it didn't do any good. the help is much appreciated though...i guess i can go back to mepis, the wireless card worked there...

-Brian

Linux Newbie
    Have you tried http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php yet? That really is my last shot

does dmesg shed any light as to why this might be happening?
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast