Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to configure this Linksys Wireless G pci card I installed, and to my surprise I actually did it! Running SUSE (10.x) I manged to install the card with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Adding Wireless Network to Startup

I'm trying to configure this Linksys Wireless G pci card I installed, and to my surprise I actually did it!

Running SUSE (10.x) I manged to install the card with ndiswrapper, and partially set it up with YAST.

why partially? well, because even though its set up, and he can see networks around him, the only way I can get him to actually connect is by using these commands:

iwlist wlan0 scan
    iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    iwconfig wlan0 key restricted XXXXXXXXXX (which is key1)
    iwconfig wlan0 essid LA_MARJOLAINE (which is the network name)
    dhcpcd wlan0

That way, it works GREAT!
    But, that only works in ROOT user, and doesn't survive when I restart the computer. How can I add this to the startup so it would be hassle free!
    This is an office computer and this is the only network he will ever need to connect to so I don't need to change it. just set it up once!

Oh and please, when explaining, be as detailed as possible since i am TRULY a Linux Newbie!

please don't double post: forum rules
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

oz
    forum.guy
    Thread locked...
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close