Find the answer to your Linux question:
Tired of seeing it just sitting the on the shelf, i decided to install my D-Link DE-220E ISA ethernet card on one of my computers, thinking that (beacause it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing D-Link DE-220E ISA ethernet card

Tired of seeing it just sitting the on the shelf, i decided to install my D-Link DE-220E ISA ethernet card on one of my computers, thinking that (beacause it is kind of old) i wouldn't have any problems in doing it........ BOY WAS I WRONG!

So... how do I install a I have a D-Link DE-220E ISA ethernet card?? anyone of you know wich module to use, and how to use it?

Thnx [ ]s

Hope this helps. You may (probably will) need to change some of the settings in the modprobe line, but you'll have to check your dmesg or /proc/wherever/isa/info/is to find that out.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hi,

Did you have any luck installing the D-Link? I have installed Fedora 9 on a computer with the same ethernet card and am unable to get working either. If you have any guidance, I'd sure appreciate it!

I tried the modprobe, but it gave me the following error:

FATAL: Error inserting ne (/lib/modules/2.6.25-14.fc9.i686/kernel/drivers/net/ne.ko): No such device or address

Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, miltman!

Please start a new thread describing in detail any problems that you are having.

This thread is nearing 5 years old and is too old to be bringing back to the top of the list. In addition, the original poster hasn't logged in for almost 3 years, so you are not likely to receive a reply.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Locking...
    oz