Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello friends, I have three NIC on my pc, eth0,eth1 and eth2 respectively. The eth0 is directly connected with the internet. I want the traffic that comes on eth0 will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Packet Mirroring

Hello friends,

I have three NIC on my pc, eth0,eth1 and eth2 respectively. The eth0 is directly connected with the internet.

I want the traffic that comes on eth0 will reach eth1 and also eth2 respectively.

For example, If Packet P1 comes to eth0, It duplicates itself and then should reach to eth1 and eth2.

So is there any way to do that please..

Thank You in Advance..

Have a Nice Time and Good Day ahead..

Regards
    Ankur.

My answer to a similar question a few moments ago would be a good place to start.

Just Joined!

Thanx friend..

Hello Friend,

I want that the traffic that reaches to eth0 should also reach to eth1 and eth2 simaltaneously. I dont want switching i want duplication of packets at eth0 and then resend to eth1 and eth2.

For that i have searched on the net and tryied Libipq library. By using "ipq_read" I can easily get the packets at user level but how to resend the packets back to eth1 and eth2 is not known.

So any one can through some light on this please..

Thank You..
    Have a Nice time and good day ahead..

Regards
    Ankur.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Oh! That's a totally different thing. I misunderstood.

But I can't imagine how that would be a practical arrangement if you have PC's connected to eth1 and eth2 that expect to use the connection for normal TCP/IP traffic. I assume you must be doing some logging (or spying!) operation.

I don't know how to do that, although iptables is very flexible, so maybe you can convince it to do it. I just looked through the documentation at that site and did not see any obvious answers.

The ulogd package may be an answer, though it's website seems to be down, and I don't know much about it.