Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have two internet connections, 1 dial-up and other cable net. These give me different IPs (of course). I want the bandwidth of both to get combined thus increasing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

BandWidth Aggregation

Hi,
    I have two internet connections, 1 dial-up and other cable net. These give me different IPs (of course). I want the bandwidth of both to get combined thus increasing the total speed. Is this possible somehow?
    Also i have to masquerade this to the intranet after i accomplish this.
    Currently only one connection is used at a time and masqueraded. Hope i am clear about my query.
    Any links or suggestions welcome! Has anyone done this before?

Thank you.

--Anand.
    You are the one Linux!

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Since dialup is like a drop of water in the ocean compared to cable, why would you need/have both in production setting? I know of busniess users that have a dialup account(s) only in case of emergency but they don't waste any time on adding it to thier existing internet line bandwidth, either cable/dsl/T-1 etc...

For the little it would add, its not worth the time or addtional equipment/software.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Guru
    I'm fairly sure that it's possible, but it's not too easy... I'm not too familiar with these aspects of routing, unfortunately. Try checking out the Adv-Routing-HOWTO on tldp.org.