Hi! I'm a relative linux newbie. I've been trying to get my Linksys WMP54G wireless card to work with my CentOS 4.3 box using ndiswrapper and the windows driver.

The ndiswrapper installation went dandy, and I can get up to the point of configuration using iwconfig. iwlist wlan0 scan shows my AP. BUT, when I try to assign the ESSID to the card, I get a message from the kernel saying that it is Disabling IRQ #11. A cat /proc/interrupts shows that the only thing on IRQ 11 is ndiswrapper.

A google search shows me that this is a bug requiring I turn off acpi. I've tried this by editing the /etc/grub.conf file to add acpi=noirq noacpi to the line beginning with kernal, and I've tried it with acpi=off noacpi.

Neither combination work for me - I still get the IRQ #11 disabled message, and then I have to reboot to get everything back to the working point (if there's a better way to turn it back on without a reboot, I don't know it).

Bughost.org shows that this is a known bug, and provides a patch (http://www.bughost.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=361). The problem is, I don't know how or where to install this patch.

Could someone provide me some guidance as to where to go from here? I'm evidently stuck until I can get past the bug that keeps diabling my IRQ. I have full connectivity to the laptop I'm typing from, so the network (and apparently the card) work fine.

Anyone who gets me up on the net from my linux box gets cookies - I've been after this for some time