Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a wireless network. my base station router is a Linksys WMP54G and I have a Linksys WMP54GS network adapter card in my sons PC which has Simply Mepis ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking Problems!

i have a wireless network. my base station router is a Linksys WMP54G and I have a Linksys WMP54GS network adapter card in my sons PC which has Simply Mepis 6.0 on one hard drive and Xandros 3.0 on another which I can set either one to use at my choice. I have 3 hard drives in my basestation which i have XP Home on one hard drive and SimplyMepis 6.0 on another and Xandros 3.0 on another hard drive.When I'm in any of the 2 LINUX OS's at the basestation, I can't find my sons PC, which I have presently have booted into the SimplyMepis 6.0 hard drive in his, and also in mine, at the present time, and his can't find mine and I can't find his when I'm in either of the Linux OS's at the basestation. All I really want him to be able to do is to get his PC online wirelessly thru my basestation, which is wired to the router, and the cable modem. Doesn't Linksys have any drivers for any Linux OS's that will be able to work with a Linksys WRT54GS card that is in his PC with the Linux OS's? Neither one of those OS's in his PC will find the basestation to get online.
    Any help will be great!
    Thank you, Jim

Linux Enthusiast
    Set the Linux boxes to DHCP under /etc/network/interfaces and ensure that the WAP has DHCP enabled.