Find the answer to your Linux question:
The adapter is a D-link DWL-G122 on FC5. On occasion, the adapter starts working (LEDs flash and it connects to the network) just as one would expect it to - ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless adapter startup delay

The adapter is a D-link DWL-G122 on FC5. On occasion, the adapter starts working (LEDs flash and it connects to the network) just as one would expect it to - right after the computer starts up. However, most times, it takes anywhere from 1 - 15 mins to start working after the computer starts up. Once it starts up, it seems to work fine unless there's a long pause in activity, in which case it stops working.

When it's connected, it appears to be listed at rausb0, but at startup, there's a message saying:
    Bringing up interface rausb0: Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20)
    SET failed on device rausb0; Network is down

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there any other info I need to post?
    Thanks.

(I'm a Linux newbie, so keep that in mind if you reply)

hey I have the g120; yours uses ralink drivers and mine uses prism but they have similar qualities; the g120 turns off at random and the only way to get it back is to reboot for me.

I think your computer is still booting internals 1-15 minutes after logon or something. Was installation tricky? did you blacklist old system default drivers during installation?

Just Joined!
    Thanks for replying. However, we actually managed to solve this problem several days back. I wasn't the one who installed it, so I can't say if it was tricky, but the person who installed it came back and fixed the delay problem. I just assumed this thread had been forgotten and didn't post an update.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close