Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently inherited a server. I installed Slackware on it, no problems. I find that the network card is not detected, and has no drivers loaded. The motherboard is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ABIT -NF7 intigrated network card woes.

I have recently inherited a server. I installed Slackware on it, no problems.

I find that the network card is not detected, and has no drivers loaded. The motherboard is ABIT-NF7 and I have had no luck digging up info on the intigrated network card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a kernel module for nVidia's nForce network controllers, and nVidia has an info page here. If you kernel is recent enough, a driver should be included. Look through your current kernel config (/boot/config-[kernel_version] or something thus) and search for FORCEDETH, which is the nForce ethernet driver. If it's not set, then you can recompile the kernel with that driver as a module or compiled in.

If there's no FORCEDETH in your config file, then your kernel is probably too old to include it. You can either get a newer kernel, or use the link above to patch your kernel.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!